Mortgage Underwriter/Processor Position
To underwrite, process, approve mortgage applications while building strong working relationships with associates to increase the funding ratios and the overall portfolio.
Along with working with the associate, another main key focus of this role is to maintain a HIGH level of customer service with clients / customers.
• Respond to origination channels – primarily mortgage brokers/associates – by acknowledgement of applications within 4 hours of receipt and to follow up promptly on missing information and/or, additional required information, etc.
• Receive, review, analyze & verify mortgage applications for completeness, accuracy, suitability and risk by applying internal underwriting guidelines and systems to the credit decision process.
• Deliver a high level of customer satisfaction to associates and clients on every transaction
• Respond to questions or concerns from all clients via email or phone within 4 hours with the intent to build and maintain relationships
• Ensure supporting documentation relating to a deal is deemed satisfactory in order for the deal to proceed onto funding.
• Conduct underwriting activities in a highly sales-oriented and customer service oriented manner to maximize growth and profitability potential.
• Conduct the underwriting function within the D&H Expert loan origination system.
• Work independently and harmoniously in a team environment.
• Negotiate, approve, recommend, restructure or decline mortgage application within established guidelines
• Review all mortgage applications to ensure the information submitted meets company policies, guidelines and external insurer guidelines if applicable.
• High attention to detail is required when reviewing applications to ensure accuracy and completeness of information
• Contact the Associate for additional information or clarification in order to decision the file effectively
• Ensure the accuracy of the interest rate, term and amortization on the mortgage documents
• Adjudicate information presented and address any discrepancies or inconsistencies with the Associate in a timely manner
• Condition the file to ensure all risk is mitigated through verifiable information or documentation
• Accurately prepare submission of application requiring approval from Lender
Desired Skills and Experience
• Minimum 3 – 5 years mortgage industry experience.
• Solid understanding of Insurer (CMHC, Genworth and Canada Guaranty) eligibility guidelines.
• Experience using D&H Expert loan origination system.
• Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Results and deadline driven in a high volume, team environment.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Currently hold a Mortgage Associate license with RECA.
Please note only applicants we wish to interview will be contacted.